PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2019, 10:46
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 FR, LH & U2

[QUOTE=GayFriendly;10369167

Going on load factor alone they could do with higher frequency on FCO outside the summer months.

I don't think cities or 'out the box' routes feature highly in their plans as they seem to only ever launch new routes from multiple UK bases so I doubt we would ever see BHX-LIS or BHX-OLB launched as stand alone routes for example..[/QUOTE]

Jet2 Rome must be either availability of reasonable slots or they just make more on BHX sun routes as the you are right, the stats point to a requirement for more frequencies. I believe the lack of Nice might be slots and Lisbon must be close but realistically only I can only see LBA or BFS as the only other bases needing an LIS flight or perhaps Stansted but that would be up against FR.

Ryanair- They have either found a Palma slot or gap in the Palma based schedule as the summer 19 Saturday flight has been restored in the afternoon making 10 a week. They have an extra Dublin next Friday and Sunday no doubt for the six Nations- 14 consecutive inbounds full from next Saturday evening. Cheltenham week is still a bit disappointing with only two extra flights on the Friday although ten intotal on the Tuesday. Still on track to lose a Ryanair destination in absolutely ages with Vilnius not bookable after the end of March.

easyjet - Getting close to the Belfast increase 5th February 3 daily except Saturday and for a Tuesday it has never been 3 daily ever.

Lufthansa - LH952/3 returns Monday from its annual break which is a bit earlier than some years.

Thomas Cook winter 2019/2020 - Still showing back to two based but in line with other bases and looks good compared to some.

TUI - Per the TUI thread the extra aircraft next summer is a 757 which I didn't see coming to actually to get more 757's when some are leaving the fleet.
Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 26th Jan 2019 at 12:33. Reason: added text re TUI