PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP go rogue
Thread: AFAP go rogue
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2019, 04:48
ConfigFull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm... Can we agree, from an economic perspective that the contract you signed up to is what you are "worth"? So you know what they're going to say right... What are you willing to give up to get these things?

1. ...being treated as a second class citizen on QF aircraft when it comes to duty and staff travel despite having no similar advantage on a JQ aircraft: Actual QF employees are treated like second-class citizens so I guess you mean third-class. There's an order - every manager worldwide then everyone else. You can have the advantage on JQ if you want!
2. No minimum daily credit on long haul: QF SH don't have this
3. Constant 4 sector day abuse on short haul: sounds like another day at QF SH
4. No pattern protection: be careful what you wish for. Want to have your entire roster up-ended in week 1 and owe them for your entire rosters? I guarantee you'll drop the hours; or you won't and then complain about it to everyone anyway.
5. Sub-standard... ...sick leave provisions: sounds pretty QF-like
6. Lack of preferential bid and open time systems: I guess this is part of the contract you signed. What will you give up for this?
7. Appalling annual leave system: yep, just like QF
8. Sub-standard hotels: if QF pilots spend half their lives in ****holes (London, LA etc.) then I imagine the LCC ones can't be great; and
9. Inedible and unhealthy inflight catering: didn't you guys vote out meals??

Now, this said - I'm all for going hard and good luck to anyone who gets the absolute best terms and conditions possible. But these are the realities of where we're at, no? What if JQ wasn't a part of the QF group, would you still be expecting all this stuff? Imagine telling a Ryanair, Veulig or other LCC pilot that you can get J seats on QF when you pax around! Hell, closer to home I reckon there would be a couple hundred VA pilots that would be keen on this..!

Until there a huge levels of parked JQ aircraft around Australia and SE Asia/NZ then nothing will change. All they need is 50% plus 1 and there will always be enough that sell out for a slightly above CPI cash injection (or even worse, one-off bonus).