PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP go rogue
Thread: AFAP go rogue
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2019, 02:53
Popgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess the JQ guys are sick of being paid and treated so poorly despite contributing fairly to the QF Group’s overwhelming profitability.

Working (roughly) a third harder for two-thirds the remuneration would get you down after a while. So would being treated as a second class citizen on QF aircraft when it comes to duty and staff travel despite having no similar advantage on a JQ aircraft. (Yes...economy on duty travel even internationally if there are no J seats!)

No minimum daily credit on long haul, constant 4 sector day abuse on short haul, no credit for standby, no pattern protection, sub-standard loss of licence insurance and sick leave provisions, lack of preferential bid and open time systems, appalling annual leave system, sub-standard hotels, inedible and unhealthy inflight catering....I could go on and on!!!

There’s only so many times you can kick a dog before it bites back.

I have no inside knowledge but I genuinely wish the Jetstar (and Tiger) pilot group all the best in their fight for fair and reasonable conditions that will allow an income and lifestyle closer to an industry average rather than barrel bottom scraping.

PG

Last edited by Popgun; 20th Jan 2019 at 03:25.