Old 18th Jan 2019, 14:47
  #640 (permalink)  
Join Date: May 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by asmith474 View Post
Looking for some advice here with people in a similar situation. I have a class 1 medical from the UK that expires soon but I haven't as of yet started any flight training. I'm looking to do all my training in Poland. Would it be wiser to switch to a polish medical and get a polish license rather than a UK one despite the fact I come from the UK ?
It depends who you want to issue your license. You could still go to Poland and sit the skills test with a UK CAA examiner. Or you can transfer your records to Poland and get a Polish license. I had my initial Class 1 in Poland and transferred it here to the UK and I will have a UK issued license when I'm finished.

I must add the process was a bit of a ball ache. Not many people in Poland speak English and you should bare this in mind if you have any issues and have to communicate with the Polish CAA.
chockablock is offline