PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable - family forced to sit in the aeroplane floor
Old 15th Jan 2019, 17:37
KelvinD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technically correct in terms of seats fitted, but TUI only sell to Y221
Thanks for the update Firefighter.
Roundwego: Are you real? This is an unbelievable load of tripe:
For F*cks sake all you PC objectors, get a life and grow some balls. The crew used their initiative and got the pax home safely and legally. The sad thing is that the SLF which in this case didn’t have the intelligence or intellect to appreciate the effort that was afforded to them to get them home then took advantage of the situation by going “public” to the media.
Let's start with the latter part of your rubbish, accusing the customers (for that is what they were) of taking advantage by going public to the media. Do you know when this incident took place? I am guessing not so I will tell you; it was in June 2018. If they wanted to go to the media and make a meal out of it, then I would suggest June or even July at latest would have suitable times. Having tried for 6 months or so to have TUI try your recommendation to "grow some balls", the customer became exasperated enough to go to the BBC for some help as TUI were by then blanking them, refusing to answer their phone calls.
Now let's talk about the lack of intellect to which you refer. Are you being serious or just downright mischievous? It is apparent they appreciated the crew's efforts from their positive comments re the F.O. coming to sympathise with them. As far as I can see, the customer never criticised the crew; their beef was with the airline. So what are you on about?
As for the others of your ilk who seem to think the family should have been thankful for being afforded the privilege of sitting on a floor, I find it hard to believe I have actually read comments such as those. Surely, when one buys a ticket it includes carriage from A to B in a seat. Or are we suggesting that sitting on the floor is OK? In that case, I hope Ryanair aren't reading this forum!