PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2nd series of ATPL ground school, is it worth pursuing a pilot career?
Old 15th Jan 2019, 13:36
pilotuser345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShamrockF
I work for an airline and occasionally get involved in recruitment. Once you have a sensible explanation for why you went for a second attempt you should be fine. Some airlines will screen you out straight away, but many others understand there's a human element too and sometimes things happen in our personal lives that can affect those sort of things.
Thank you the reply, as I have said I would be happy with any airlines as my first job.

I'm just very worried about investing almost a £100,000 for my pilot training and to come out on the other side to find out that i don't even meet the criteria to apply for a first officer role. That is a very scary situation to be in and thats why I have to be realistic towards a career in avaition.

Could you name a few airlines that might consider trainees that weren't first time passes in their atpl ground school or had attempted it twice? Or do you know any friend that has been successful through this way.