PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BER not before 2014 !
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 12:30
atakacs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ExpectmorePayless
And they've gone and built the satellite building in such a position so as to lose use of one of the 3 decent boarding bridges. Never mind I suppose most the customer airlines now want boarding via forward and aft stairs, even though passengers may have to queue in the rain and snow.
I had the "privilege" of using this new satellite building today. Spartan doesn't really start to describe it

new "terminal"
  • Very limited seating - and exactly four (!) chairs per gate once you've cleared the boarding check. No provision for priority boarding lane.
  • Zero lift access - I actually helped a woman with a small kid down the stairs with a stroller. How is this even legal in this day and age ? I'm sure there are provisions for handicapped persons but still...
  • Worst IMHO was the long (I estimate 3-400m) walk on the tarmac to the plane under pouring rain. And I thought they actually built this to make boarding easier.
  • The information screen were non working (ie did not know what gate was for which fly...). Surely a punctual issue but again not reflecting well on the facility.
  • No provision for police / pass control - this can only work as a Schengen (as long as it last...) or internal flights.
  • Indeed "sacrifies" one of the air bridges
  • Seems to be very much an Easyjet exclusive (but I might be mistaken). Edited: Ryanair seems to also use the facility.
  • No idea why the used dual numbering of the gates (3x/4x) - anyone ?
As a temporary / short term build why not... but as it would seem the SXF (current) will continue to exists, even in a LCC context, this is really sad.

Last edited by atakacs; 17th Jan 2019 at 08:43.