PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CALIFORNIA FIRES
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2019, 23:52
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
Well I guess as I have been called out.....I was chatting on Facebook with SASless earlier and let on some of the things I have been doing recently.

I currently live in Redding, California which is where the Carr fire was, (which I flew on for about 3 weeks), and the Camp fire in Paradise is about 45 miles away. Thousands of homes were burnt and while most people got out, most either left their pets behind or were not able to get home from work and get their pets. I met a group of people who are putting up cat feeding stations near burned homes and setting up cameras to try identify the cats that come to them. I kinda joined and help out when I can. We establish a pattern with a set animal and then set traps to catch it. We are still finding pet cats and re-uniting them with their owners after almost 6 months since the Carr fire.

A friend of mine is "fostering" a cat from the Camp fire. This is "Kitty the Kat", or as I call her: the "attention Whooore". She been fostered since the fire in Paradise, California. She was found outside a burnt house, she has burned paws, missing fur on her back that was burned off and her ears were burned. We nursed her back to health---she still has nightmares occasionally and likes to fall asleep "holding" onto your hand.

Her owner lost her home and has just, (as in yesterday), relinquished control of her as she cannot have the pet in her new place. Due to the screwed up rules, we have to return Kitty on Monday to her "rescuer" who has first refusal on adoption. Monday will be a tough day in the Gordy world, but don't tell anyone......

A feeding station