PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Made Answer For Its Methods (Merged)
Old 19th Oct 2003, 21:58
Steve Leslie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the kudos on the Wings article.

Mr. Yes, No, Yes sounds like he is a little bitter and twisted over something or other. However, I do agree with one of his comments. There is room for improvement at Air Atlanta. However, like most of my ex-Canada 3000 colleagues, we are quite happy to be working here. As for me, Southern Winds has been an absolutely fantastic contract. Granted, you are 10000 km away from home, but when the Canadian aviation economy is in a tailspin and there are few jobs in sight, this is a pretty damn good option.

Air Atlanta came along at a time when I was out-of-work for 16 months and the only prospect was driving a propane truck. The money here is good, but I agree the time off and benefits need improvement.

As for unions, I for one will never be part of a union again. When, Canada 3000 went out of business in 2001, ALPA abandoned us and were not there for us when we needed support. When it comes to flight safety, ALPA are very good at what they do. However, when it comes to representing your interests and standing by your side when the chips are down, they are useless. That is my opinion. And I have been there as my other colleagues have.

So, Mr. Yes, No, Yes, you make some valid points. But for me, I will take chicas, cheap food and red wine any day over the unemployment line.

For me and the rest of my colleagues, Air Atlanta has been the light at the end of the tunnel. At least for now.

The next article for Wings is just being published and it will also be about flying with Southern Winds and Air Atlanta. At the very least, I am glad to find something good to write and talk about. Better than I can say for Mr. Yes, No, Yes.

Hasta Luego,
Steve Leslie

edited to remove duplication

Last edited by Steve Leslie; 21st Oct 2003 at 21:49.