PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair named 'worst short-haul airline'
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2019, 09:03
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you’re implying Ryanair pilots are poorly paid, I offer you this. I earned around £120k as a TRE working 5on 4 off ten years ago as a bog standard TRE. If people know what the salary is before they sign up, and they bloody well should, whether pilots or cabin crew, then they are idiots if they then complain about how much they earn. Money wasn’t a particular issue for any that I’m aware of.
I wasn't particularly implying pilots are poorly paid. Though cabin crew may very well end up being paid below a liveable wage, at least for any length of time. I have been contracting my services to Ryanair, I know the game. I never complained about my net salary. But I did observe an employment setup that put the money first and not the people. And that includes self-centered pilots with a sense of entitlement. I think you personally had a medical encounter while in Ryanair? And the treatment you recieved was second to none - which is great, exactly how it should be. Possibly because of the same reason you earned £120 000. You were something to them, the majority is not. Most crew are treated the same way as passengers are treated when things go awry - with contempt. You become a burden, not an asset.

The other side of this story is our consumption habits, everything has to be cheap. And there should be lots of it. But that may be too far of a digression to be considered in a thread which is about quality of an airline.