PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2019, 09:11
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In keeping with past years Agadir is chopped before it starts this summer
Hopefully this means Air Arabia will stay on this route over the summer although I have my doubts going on their loads

Anyway tomorrowsees a new broom and will he (Nick Barton) sweep clean or just tow the shareholders line more than ever.
Sadly I fear the latter, although will be delighted to be proved wrong. Things would be quite different at BHX if it was owned and managed by a private company instead of county councils - not all would be positive of course but I think it would be punching at as opposed to below its weight.

The real tough one is convincing any airline to go west especially a summer Toronto which is inexplicable
I hope this is very high up on Mr Barton's to do list

The fly in the ointment for 2019 for BHX (as many other airports in the UK) is BE. A case of waiting and seeing but I fear for sure changes are ahead that will have a big effect on BHX.

Frankly I'm as likely to believe an aviation story emanating from The Times of India as I would a forecast of a heat wave or arctic cold spell from the Daily Express!!
Very true! Mix in the politics of aviation in India and I think we have a non-story re: Indigo. Personally I would be inclined to believe any Times of India story over any of the vile bile spouted out by the Express!!