PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alliance Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2019, 15:00
stormfury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
I am not sure I would want to be the first in Australia to introduce a new type with the regulatory pain that would cause. The Embraer jets are known and proven, already operated in Australia with some experienced crews and engineers. The A220 would be interesting, the manufacturer would be very keen I am sure, lots of assistance.
For sure, it would not be as smooth a process as if they were to purchase types already in use but I would think the Mitsubishi conglomerate would go above and beyond to assist in the certification process. Add to this increasing Australia-Japan good-will and cooperation at the higher echelons of government could very well see some ‘persuasion’ to ensure a smooth certification. That said, this is all speculation on a rumour forum.

I would still guess that the A220 would be a little above their budget (IIRC you could nearly get two 73s - some sort of ‘deal’ - for the sticker price of the A220). Although as some have mentioned, the A319 might be a better option that fits with their current business model.

As long as the other carriers are stymied with decision paralysis Alliance should continue to turn a profit.