PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dont Apply To Cathay
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2019, 07:40
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
United, if you read my post carefully, you will notice I never claimed that HK is great. Your argument, a city is only acceptable as residence if it is a place you would retire to would probably seen by many people on this planet as utopian luxury. After all, you joined yourself and I get a sense you might not retire here.

My point is that Cathay is based in Hong Kong and that is that. Anyone who wants to join has to accept HK as residence. I also mentioned that it is vital for every applicant to evaluate the available accomodation, the food price, the school fees etc. Only the individual can make a final judgement, simply because it depends on his or her other options, personal circumstances, preferences, goals etc.

May I ask you, united: why did YOU join?

STW I totally respect your opion and post. I joined back in the 1980's on A scale when CX was the airline of choice for every pilot in the world. A CX pilot was elite. 3000 hours minimum on a medium size jet to get an interview, unfrozen ATPL and the prospect of a quick command within 4 years. The good old days I know but they were great days when CX was great. It saddens me that in the last 20 years CX has gone from the very best airline in the world from every aspect to near the bottom if not the very bottom.