Old 6th Jan 2019, 00:44
  #2 (permalink)  
Big Pistons Forever
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West Coast Canada
Posts: 3,417
For upset training I think you should have side by side seating as that is the likely configuration of the aircraft that a student will have when the bad thing happens. My question would be how aerobatic do you want your trainer. If you are just doing upset training than a Beechcraft Sport or Sundowner with the aerobatic kit would be fine. If you also want to do proper aerobatic training then the lycoming powered Zlin would be a good choice and they are certified by the FAA. A Slingsby would be another possibility. All are tricycle gear

Personally I would hook up with a good fairly large school. They can handle all the management of the aircraft and come with a built in student supply
Big Pistons Forever is offline