PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I leave Brazil and go to CX?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2019, 05:20
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gustavocarvalho
Hey Guys, I’m a Commercial pilot in Brazil and I was invited to an interview.I’ve already read lots of you saying that HK it’s terrible to live and etc... but I would like to know if it would be an opportunity to get some experience in airlines? It is a second officer position based in HK. I don’t know how much you guys know about Brazil but let’s say that I’m used to live a hard life. I’m single with no kids.Looking forward to hear from you.

I am assuming you don't qualify for our direct entry FO positions ?So with no baggage such as a wife and kids give the interview a chance and take sometime to take a look at HKG. Go into a supermarket ( there are only 2 competing companies in HKG ) and compare prices. Expect 4-5 times what you would pay in Brazil. Housing. Expect to share a 500 square foot apartment with another SO. Social life. With no kids or wife, generally good. Work. Toxic environment. Unhappy workforce from check in to pilots. Incompetent managers and a colonial board of directors motivated by greed. CX used to look good on any CV but now the word is out and a move here could be a blight on any future employment.
If I were you, I would build my hours in Brazil and then apply to the Mid East airlines as an FO. Though not perfect a much better long term opportunity. Good Luck and safe flying.