PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dont Apply To Cathay
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 23:16
stevieboy330

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
I totally understand guys wanting to come to CX, back in the day I would have done anything to get in, actually I did ! I studied for the interview for months, I had 5000 good hours & felt like the luckiest person I the world when I was offered a position. I was hired as B scale, I bought & sold in HK a few times etc, I made money, I flew all over the world. However, I can honestly say I don't think there are very many workplaces in, or out of aviation that is as as negative as the cockpit of a Cathay jet. It's a hard place to be, a lot of the time.
It truly is a toxic place to work & its getting worse, not better.
Pilots HATE management & management seem to HATE the Pilots. Cabin crew & ground staff have little regard for the Pilots & the culture is one of dobbing in & reporting work colleagues, (though not in the cockpit thankfully). I can't imagine many Pilots at Cathay would say "yeah come to CX you will like it" & at the end of the day, that's probably all you need to know. Sorry to tell you but coming to Cathay is very likely a decision you will regret a lot. CX will also leave you feeling very unhappy, financially stressed & worst of all your time could have been spent getting a better result elsewhere. It's probably a mistake to stay for most but that's a whole other, more complicated situation & story for most who have already travelled a long way down the CX path & invested a lot since joining........Nobody joining now can say they were not warned, nor should they complain when they get to HK & discover their new reality.