PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dont Apply To Cathay
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 15:20
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would submit that, when cost of living is considered, many US regionals would offer more (real) flying experience, better pay (what you need to make depends entirely on where you live), real work rules, CASS/KCM, and a better future and lifestyle. Probably being more fun and a better work environment to boot. Even better with the majors.

You might not get a shiny new jet (although many are) and will spend more time actually working (i.e. actually flying). You won't get to galavant around Asia and CX generally takes better care of you on the road.

So it depends on what you are looking for. If barely eeking by living in a shoebox and watching air go by (facing declining future conditions as different factions of your workforce are divided against each other and conquered) is for you by all means have a go. Things ain't gonna get better until the healing begins--there's no indication of this ever happening (indeed the wounds from the early 2000s were never addressed and have continued to fester and get worse with the various purges not helping things).

In fact, I think the only thing that's really changed for the better is information availability of what someone is getting themselves into.