PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Concorde thread (Don't start a separate one!)
Old 20th Oct 2003, 21:14
RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbird One Crew, Saturday 18 Oct

After reading back their take-off clearance, the crew of 001 paid tribute to those who had come to say goodbye.

This was grately appreciated by the hundreds of people gathered gathered in the chilly evening air near Hatton Cross to watch her depart, when it was relayed to them by those with radios -- most didn't seem to have scanners or be "aviation enthusiasts", they seemed to be members of the great British public, who simply wanted to be part, however small, of this piece of aviation history.

This sight -- and sound -- of four Olympuses (Olympi ?) on reheat disappearing into the darkening sky is one that will remain with me for a long time...

If anybody reading this is in contact with the crew, please let them know that their gesture was greatly appreciated by those present.

BristolRE

Did anyone see the unusual but impressive side to side approach of the BA002 over Windsor on Saturday afternoon.
Yes, I noticed that too and I didn't think it was that windy...

[ Edited to add ]

Could Jerricho or somebody else in the know report at what sort of range can we expect them to be vectored on to the localiser ? (in either direction ?)

Thanks.