PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Concorde thread (Don't start a separate one!)
Old 20th Oct 2003, 19:54
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
It would seem that one of the best places to be at LHR is the Pink Elephant car park. Pay for half a day's parking and get a ringside seat. Get there early with plenty of sarnies and a large thermos!

I was in the area on Sunday evening and, seeing the signs warning of queues [and reading here] I went into the park. I saw 0002 arrive (beautifully) at the western extremity of the park and then went down the eastern end to wait for 0001's departure. Superb, shatteringly good as it was already dark and the reheat and the noise was magnificent. Both on 09L, it was perfect, no crowds.

There were many folks waiting the the 02 arrival but the parking people came around to check who had cars and chased out those that had just walked through the barriers. For the 01 departure, no one else was there. It was worth the money.

Having enjoyed the ride from the inside in August, I wanted to remind myself of what it was like on the outside!!