PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globe Air Full Stall
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2018, 17:44
GAProzzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by appfo09

Seems not to be a loyal company with fair conditions for anyone whatsoever.
It is just matter of time to hear that this kind of companies shut down due to financial reasons.
SanHor, sounds like you made the right choice, from what I hear that is how the company is run. Most of the office staff have never worked in aviation before, as they struggle to hire people with experience, due to low wages and bad working conditions.
Imagine the mess the dispatchers make! You can't be successful if you have a bunch of amateurs running the show.

Appfo09, steer well clear of those cowboys at GlobeAir, they are heading into Severe Turbulence!

There is lots of chatter in pilot circles about GlobeAir and most of it is scary and very negative. Glad I don't work for them. From their public profile they seem to be a very professional outfit, however you only have to do a little bit of digging to find the real
horror stories.

I heard they lost like 50 pilots, most left because pay was low, they were treated like **** and regularly busted the 60hrs duty limit over the summer. Not sure if any of that was ever reported to the authorities in Austria, as they most likely adjusted all the figures.
People were leaving so quickly, that management in Linz HQ resorted to threatening staff to try and stop them going. Now they only have about 37 pilots out of 80ish. Also a lot of the pilots who left, were not even paid their last 3 months salary!

It seems they have a maintenance base in Oxford and purchased between 5-8 of Blink's Mustang, most of which are knackered, so I expect there will be a lot of tech issues going forward. If they only have enough crew to operate 6 aircraft
how are they going to manage to recruit enough pilots to crew 24? If they posted a loss of 2 Million Euro last year, I wonder how much their losses will be this year and if it will be enough to bankrupt them?

What is worse, managements' response to losing about 90% of their workforce...…. how do we stop these pilots from leaving? OH lets make them give 6 months notice, that way we can trap them. Just shows how arrogant and autocratic their senior management is.
One dictator and lots of yes men! Anyone who has a different opinion gets fired. That does not bode well for a company involved with aviation. CRM seems to be severely lacking in their office and could lead to an accident one day. They seem to be pushing their luck and doing lots of things that are illegal.

The only way that GlobeAir keeps running is because of a cheap workforce. First officers work less than minimum wage and commanders are paid just enough to keep them interested, and if you do the company a favour, or agree to lie about your actual duty time they give you extra money to buy food. Hush money!
Probably safe to say that most of the people in the office are fresh out of school, with no experience. Who would in their right mind work for a bunch of amateur cowboys like that?

I also heard that out of their big recruitment drive, they only managed to hire a few pilots. Does not sound like they will be operational for the summer, especially if more pilots go.

CL300 is right, it is virtually impossible to make money with an air taxi, low cost operation. I don't think GlobeAir has ever made much of a profit in its 10 years of operation. The only way the have become market leader is because the competitors have going bust.
If their customers really knew how the company was being run, they would not go near a GlobeAir mustang!

I would not be surprised if GlobeAir ceases operations in the near future.

Found these reviews from previous employees;

I worked at GlobeAir (Less than a year)
Pros
Unfortunately I have nothing to say here
ConsExtra hours up to 80 hours per week, which is illegal, without any extra salary. Nights shifs plus working on public holidays and sundays with no compensation neither substitute of a public holiday for another day, which is also illegal. The contract,
made in English is also illegal, as the contract has to be in the national language (german in Austria).
The management is constantly abusing and manipulationg their employees.
salary is very low.
Pilots are making contstantly overduties work time.
The management gets into your private life in order to manipulate you better.
The worst experience in 10 years !

I worked at GlobeAir full-time (More than a year)
Pros
The Nespresso coffee machine. And I met a few nice people - who left very soon, by the way.
Cons
Abusive management, and, specifically, one of them used manipulative manners to manage the team, which turned into an insanely high turnover rate.
Overhours - taking about 15/20 overhours each week, which makes it almost 60hrs/week - were the standard, and surprisingly they are still applying the same, illegal rules. I can't believe how they have not shut down yet.
Advice to Management
There is no management per se. The hierarchy is based on favours.

Last edited by GAProzzie; 28th Dec 2018 at 22:48.