PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Low Cost Carrier
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2003, 14:34
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wirraway -
I disagree with your post about the security of LCCs. What about Continental Lite, USAir Metrojet, Delta Express, Tango by Air Canada, United Shuttle, Buzz (owned by KLMuk), VirginSun, Lufthansa Express and GoFly by BA??? These are all LCCs started by major airlines that have bitten the dust. Infact I can't think of one that lasted more than two years (except Go which was sold because it almost killed BA at some bases!) Not good stats, I am afraid! Why is this going to work? What is so different?

Also re. the 717 AOC. It isn't on the CASA website anymore. Who's AOC are they on? How old is this AOC you are reading Mr Seatback? Is it the current one?

UDR -
I am living quite comfortably in SYD on my 'lowly' Impulse wages - and I am high maintainence! Seriously they are pretty damned good for our set up. Princess stuff is what we do. Most Long Haul FAs deserve their money 'cause they work bloody hard for it! We at the Pulse get paid good money for what we do. We are hard working and give a good service. I can assure you though. There is no nails being chipped over this way!

Comparing the earnings of Impulse and LH cabin crew is like comparing apples and oranges. Most LH crew would laugh at how easy they would find the Impulse flying. A single class and reasonable hours. No back of clock, 10 days at off at home guaranteed. Put a Pulse Chick in Y class galley on an oversold SYD-LAX and you would find most wouldn't make it.

Another point. I can assure you that, however good it may seem, cabin crew morale is the last thing on Impulse management's agenda! Period.

GalleyHag -
I agree. Impulse is in danger but SH too looks like being changed in some form. And I don't think the changes at either camp will be minimal!

Impulse and SH stand to lose out to varying degrees. Lets all stand together and hope nothing but the best for each.

QFskywalker -
What is the feeling at the Dash camp re. progression now? Looks like the LCC is going to effect everyone.