PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 19th Dec 2018, 04:52
nord121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

I’ve been following this thread for a while now and am just about to complete my PPL under Austro Control. issuing me an Austrian PPL.

My intention is to move straight onto ATPL’s and it seems the sensible thing to do is do them with an EASA member state, BBS are offering this from the UK however my main choice is probably Bartolini air... regardless is this a good idea for the following reson? If I get my ATPL from an EASA country and then after Brexit do not have the right to live or work in that country (British National). Would that not mean the EASA ATPL’s have been for nothing? On the other hand assuming you gain employment with an airline in the EU you can then live there.

Then what if I wanted to fly in the UK again has it been announced if it’s possible to transfer EASA to CAA?

I plead ignorance but there’s a lot to take in here and I’m trying to make the most informed decision I possible can. If you were to begin your ATPL exams next year where would you go?

Cheers in advance.