PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 5/5 Floaters Anyone on it?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2018, 12:16
zerotohero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair 5/5 Floaters Anyone on it?

Just looking on the Ryanair website at the 5/5 Floating deal. Its €199 PSBH these days. It was circa €140 when I left it in 2012. I was on the old BRK deal then where they just paid all the money into my bank and me and my own local accountant hashed out my tax and NI liabilities and paid HMRC direct as a self employed pilot.

I did move onto the LTD company farce for about 18 months in a UK base which was a pain in the hole as I had to do all the online expenses stuff but came out with a decent wage most of the time when they did not cock it up.

What I hear though is that I was supposed to be paying employer NI contributions as I sort of employed myself. This is as we know very inefficient as its about triple what a self employed person pays.

Has this all been sorted out now if I was to come back as a contractor on the 5/5 deal? or will I get shafted or...........Do I have to take my wage as expenses to make it pay? therefore sort of avoiding paying myself a real wage but still getting the cash in my bank? This was what really drove me out as it was legal ish but just shifty in my eyes and begging for an audit.

Any actual 5/5 contractors able to comment on this?

I did like the 5/5 life as it was nice to just go to work and live in hotels to get good rest and the job done then jumpseat home for days off with no chance off been called as your always too high on hours so could just down tools and have a bit of life. Main negative was trying to get A/L to have a couple of weeks off as the 10 ad hoc days you could book were never allowed in the summer.

Anyway just looking for info on the 5/5 take home and how it works currently.

Thanks