PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2018, 09:56
itsnotthatbloodyhard

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by beardy
I disagree. The higher up the stick you hold it, the finer control inputs you make for the same hand displacement, think of the geometry of a lever (which it is.) You also get to rest your forearm on the armrest not leaving any muscles in tension. I was always surprised when young pilots held the stick at its base. They in turn were surprised at the finesse they were capable of when they changed their grip.
Sorry, but you’ve totally misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I think after many years and many thousands of hours, most of us have worked out that you can achieve finer control holding the thing higher rather than lower. And you can do that quite comfortably by holding it in the way Airbus clearly intended, and using little more than finger and thumb at the top of the stick to manipulate it. It’s just that the diagram seems to put your wrist a good way higher than would be comfortable or practical for most regular humans. At any rate, we’ve departed some way from the topic at hand, so I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited by itsnotthatbloodyhard; 18th Dec 2018 at 10:36.