PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - History of CRM in Australia
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2018, 12:03
Three Wire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by john_tullamarine
I joined Ansett in 1975 and AN certainly was at the forefront of accident causation training. I can't be 100% certain due to the memory's not being able to pinpoint the first training sessions ... but I am pretty certain that they came in when I was still on the Fokker .. so sometime during the period 75-78 ?
I believe JT that in Ansett it was the KHUFAC course begun in 1983, and sourced from KLM. TAA in parallel, ran a course tailored by UQ specialiasts from the United course begun in 1980 or thereabouts.
If memory serves me right, the instructors in both airlines were always Captains, although the courses were mixed 50/50 with four stripers and F/Os of various grades.

How do I know? Well I have a few degrees in HF, sat through the TAA version in a well known ME airline, and then later designed and implemented an HF course in that airline that is still running with very few changes. Oh and we used Captains and F/Os to facilitate the course. My degrees involved a fair bit of the history of CRM in airlines.