PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2018, 00:38
crosscutter

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I suspect both AIPA and the company realise this EBA is being negotiated under different circumstances, yet the company will bring a consistent message to the negotiating table...that of cost control.

Having agreed to a wage freeze...that is permanent cost control. I don’t disagree with wage freezes when times are tough...I do disagree with EBA staff being tied to this mentality that the best you can hope for is 3%. It is rubbish.

I voted yes last time. I suspect if the company and AIPA follow the same path as last time, I’ll be voting no this time. Many others will too. The real question is what are YOU doing to help AIPA or QPU (whatever it is). The sentiment that people moan on a forum but are timid industrial mice is quite true. The Association is the President, we are the military and our p shooter with spitballs don’t carry much sway. It doesn’t matter your opinion of AIPA or their competency, we need to change.

The little puff piece on 60minutes should remind pilots that you don’t win the media war. Industrial action is far less effective than individual work to rule. No willing to work...no duty extension...everything in the techlog..sign on 60min before..it’s up to YOU and it’s really simple stuff.

There might never be again a better time to negotiate from a pilots perspective...so it’s up to YOU and ME...and maybe things might be different. Either way, I’m ready. RINs are happening, recruitment is full steam ahead. Let’s give ourselves a shot by supporting AIPA with actions that reflect our hardened attitude. Or we can do nothing, blame AIPA, and eat the **** sandwich we helped create...and then still blame AIPA and fire the p shooter spitballs at them.