PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2018, 10:27
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
INTBH, your PPRuNe ID is very appropriate for the harmony that Beagle, yourself, and I seem to have reached. It wasn't so bloody hard after all, was it?

That was all I was seeking in my previous posts, a workable mitigation that would serve to help avoid a repetition of this avoidable accident.

Yes, TN, it was an accident and not an incident, you are right. I certainly hold those who are responsible for UK Military Air Safety as responsible for the lack of it, who else?

The very basis of your post, that the accident could not happen, either then or in the future, were it not for one particular individual is flawed. It would seem to be the basis for the CM sentence too, ie remove that man from the Service and the accident by definition cannot recur. That theory is flawed too. That is why we need to look beyond this man and his negligence. That is why some form of preventative action is needed, such as the suggestion in the preceding posts. Classic Flight Safety!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 10th Dec 2018 at 10:35. Reason: Words, dear boy, words