PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2018, 21:21
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
What utter garbage. AIPA is the reason you work under a LHEA that is better than every other EA for airline pilots in the country and better than many around the world.

You must be have an overwhelming sense of entitlement to believe;
a) I deserve to be paid more than every other airline pilot in the country, and
b) The people who negotiated these conditions for me are only worthy of scorn and derision.

How many long haul EAs are there in Australia? And saying that the EA is better than many in the world is saying not much...the world is a big place filled with lots of business psychopaths. There are lots of contracts and remuneration deals better than ours.

Qantas always likes to imply (if not outright claim) that they are the best airline in the world. Certainly they pay management that way. Goose:Gander.

Overwhelming sense of entitlement? Hardly. But you only ever get what you negotiate. Those other guys can sing for their own supper. What they get is their business, and should not set the bar, nor the expectation for anyone else.

On your point B, agree that negotiators often reap undue criticism as a reward for their efforts. I don’t personally object to individuals using AIPA office as an audition for a future petty admin role.

Last edited by Australopithecus; 7th Dec 2018 at 01:33. Reason: Clarity