PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2018, 00:50
RealityCzech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyPalms
So, let me get this straight. There are a bunch of pilots in Qantas who have started a union called the Qantas Pilots Assosiation. They presumably are 747 and A380 captain unhappy with the 787 award and don’t want to be redeployed to it, (I’m just spitballing here) and the lack of information from AIPA about a RIN that may or may not happen because of A380 wing problems. So they have decided to go to Qantas during an EA negotiation and undercut the 787 award? I’m completely confused.
I’d say you’re mostly correct. They will greatly exaggerate their size to make it seem like they have significant support and unlike AIPA, which is a properly registered association, will never be able to produce an audited member list. Instead, they will make claims like Capt Colonial above about their ‘largest member base’ in Sydney etc etc - all of which is either exggerated or simply made up by those who have chosen not to run for office at AIPA because, deep down, they know they wouldn’t have the required support.

I doubt they will try to undercut the 787 award. Insead they will make many empty promises about not rolling over and getting the 787 on better conditions. When they can’t achieve this because they both do not have the support and the company will not agree, they will target the AIPA elected leadership for being too soft.

All of this will play out mostly on anonymous online forums with no real names attached.