PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 5th Dec 2018, 17:12
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy

Um....I wonder...sounds a familiar claim.... I know one such airline who employ a significant number of non resident EU national Flight/cabin crew. Out of interest did your contact mention the consequences of the end of FOM to his many of his staff’s ability to legitimately to cross the Border into the U.K. on the way to work on the A.M. of 30th March, or does he simply expect them to “wing it”?? As it stands today their status as roughly speaking “frontier workers” has, AFAIK (and open to correction), yet to be clarified so it’s possible the ICAO Freedoms for airframes might be the least of his or problems...

Errr.... No. When I worked for them last, which was five years ago, I can't remember there being any non UK cabin crew, and very few non UK flight crew. Don't think it's changed much.

Anyway, disregarding CRM for a moment, this is a pilot's forum. Your is post is the first I've seen on this thread addressing cabin crew issues. And if a small number of non-UK European nationals lose the right to work in UK airlines they can presumably do a job swap with the UK nationals who may no longer have the right to work in Europe. What is the point of having an EASA licence to fly a non UK reg aircraft if you no longer have the right to live and work in Europe, or are you going to renounce your British Citizenship?

I sincerely hope that anyone who works in the airline industry and voted to leave has now realised that it may have been like Turkeys voting for Christmas, and would vote remain if we get another referendum.