PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 19:55
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
airsound, my PC seems to greatly approve of your improved and amended avatar, thank you. I'm sorry if I have been the cause of any public embarrassment in having pulled the PPRuNe communication chord. If I had known it was only your avatar that had caused my computer to flag up continuous warnings to me I would happily have ignored them with the contempt they deserved. As it was imagination ran riot, was I being personally targeted by the PLA or FSB? Paranoid, moi?

SO, I don't think that I said that this accident was all down to a design fault, did I? I may have suggested that a motorised seat with an arm rest that could be driven forward to create a pinch point that anything, even an en-route supplement , could be engaged by and with the same sorry result as here is yet another accident waiting to happen. If I didn't then I do now. If the RAF has seen fit to do anything about that I know not, but if airbus hasn't, if numerous worldwide Regulators haven't, then I would be greatly surprised. The MOD default is, we know, there's a problem, let's wait to see if anything happens. The default of any professional aviator should be to act instead.

I know nothing about different airbus flight decks, let alone the armrest, shelf, control stick interface. You tell me they are all identical in that regard. Fine, there will be a common fix then, if it's only to arrest forward seat movement if the armrest touches anything. Should be a doddle with all the computer thingies on board.

Not only do I know nothing about airbus flight decks, I do not know the defendant in this case either, so rather than having
undue loyalty on your part to the defendant
I owe him no loyalty, nor he to me. There is however an old fashioned concept of right and wrong. In my mind slagging off the defendant online as a liar is wrong. Every one of us has lied at one time or another. If you know him to have lied about the events leading up to this accident then it was/is your duty to have offered yourself as a prosecution witness, or in the vernacular, put up or shut up! By "you" I mean anyone who has suggested that he lied about what happened, I do not mean anyone who hasn't suggested that. I hope that's clear enough.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 4th Dec 2018 at 20:12.