PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 13:27
The Nip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Chugalug2;10326134]

If you start questioning honour, integrity, and taking responsibility for one's actions in today's world then fine. In this case the defendant did the latter. He pleaded guilty to negligently carrying out his duty. For that he was punished, severely in my view but that is only my view. He was not punished for lack of honour or integrity, as he was found not guilty of the three charges of perjury and making false record. Personally I would query the integrity of throwing mud at someone who has caused a serious accident by his negligence, gone through the trauma of a, to say the least, questionable SI, faced CM, pleaded guilty to his negligence, was dismissed the Service (reversed on appeal) and given a suspended custodial sentence. In my view he was poorly served by a vindictive system and is now facing mob rule by some.[QUOTE]

I am not throwing mud. Everytime either my wife or I have been on military flights we have always understood that the person flying is doing their job to the highest of standards. They are top notch pilots. Best training and well respected.
They expect us, all the support trades, to do our jobs to the highest standards as well.

If you are questioning honour, integrity, and taking responsibility for one's actions then I suggest that you start with the RAF High Command, past and present. By subverting the regulations pertaining to Air Safety, by persecuting those who would not suborn them when so ordered, by knowingly falsifying records in issuing illegal RTS's, and by putting the blame on their juniors for the resultant fatal accidents those in the past tick all your boxes. By maintaining the cover up of these illegal acts those in the present tick all mine. This SI and CM reeks of hypocrisy and bullying in my view and brings the Service into disrepute in its centenary year.

Just an opinion mind.
I have read your posts (various threads) regarding your points in this last paragraph. I have always agreed with your stance in regards to this.