PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 1st Dec 2018, 22:41
morningcoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CxEx2

MC you are so full of s**t. I have plenty of friends that work there and know plenty at CX awaiting courses. The fact that captains are dumping seniority to fly there must tell you something. Even on the turbo prop fleet at Air New Zealand the training pay is around 40k per year. And while it does suck a little bit it isn’t the end of the world and lasts for 2 months not 6. I understand you must be getting a little nervous that people have actually left CX to go there.
I couldn’t care who’s going, I’m just saying that they can pay whatever they want, roster you whatever they want and guys will sign up. You can go on about a sh*t deal at CX but the fact is aviation is a sh*t deal everywhere.
Best part is you think $40K a year under training is a great deal, and it only last 2 months. Ground school, sims, line training, checks in 2 months? It used to be no pay during training and still guys signed up. End of the day guys will join the Koru irrespective of Air NZ’s lousy pay and roster. Nothing CX can do to change that.