PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintaining EASA Licence whilst in the Middle East
Old 29th Nov 2018, 07:47
flymetothe moon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maintaining EASA Licence whilst in the Middle East

Dear Colleagues,

Can anyone please give me a hint on the best way to keep an EASA ATPL and IR current whilst working in the Middle East on a non European Middle East Licence.

I understand that after 7 years of not having a valid EASA TR or valid IR you loose the IR ground school exams and must resit them.

It would appear the UK CAA don’t recognise Ratings and IR’s on foreign licences nor do they allow Ratings with a ristriction of ‘Middle East Reg Only’ for instance.

I assume one option is to privately hire a Sim in Europe for a skills test on your current type. If you can find an operator who does stand alone sims and not selling you a full recurrent £££.

Or...Do the Irish CAA give any approvals for foreign Ratings to be brought back to EASA and is it easy to change from UK to Irish and in time maybe back again.

I mainly want to keep my UK licence from expiring for when I return to the UK. If I can also get a Type Rating on there that’s even better.

Any advice would be amazing thank you.

I did look for similar topics but couldn’t see any.

Happy Landings 👍