PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mecir Validation in Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2018, 09:45
Seagull201

Originally Posted by Minh
Hello,
I appreciate any help here. I am looking for a school to do my MECIR validation. I got the CPL in 2009 but all ratings expired. Does anyone recommend a school that can do a short course to validate my license? I am currently not living in Australia. Thanks for any help.
Minh Duong
Minh,

I read your thread in the North American section, it looks like, you have been accepted by a regional in the U.S,
and the validity of your instrument rating is about to expire, during your training period.
Am i correct?

My question to you, why did you go to the U.S , if you are your Instrument rating is about to expire?

The U.S regional's have previously advertised, if i'm correct, a person's Instrument Rating from Australia, must be current,
at least by 6 months, before commencing the type rating course with an a regional airline.
I'm sure, you knew that.

Now your Rating is about to expire, i think you are well aware of these issues before commencing your training in the U.S.

Now what?

You either can pass the instrument rating test, after a few IFR short runs or you can't?

Why don't you contact your previous flying school or affiliate, prior to travelling to the u.s?

At one stage, i didn't fly for 5 years and got back into flying, i renewed my Instrument rating after 3 runs, 6 hours.

I'm sure you can do it also.

There's no short course, either, you know how to fly IFR or you don't.

Cheers.