PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH558 - not good news?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 23:53
proplover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last I heard about the Vulcan was that it had been stripped down into sections for overhaul and checking, this I was led to believe had used most of the current funds. The new funds (eg Lottery) that is so urgently required are to put it back together again and then have some operating fund.

Just a point about the income from airshows that it might attend, which and how many shows could afford it? If the airshow operators spend their entire 3rd party budget for private aircraft on the Vulcan then you may be passing a problem of funding to other operators of private aircraft who do rely on money from airshow to offset their costs. If they then drop out of the airshow scene you will end up with large gaps in the national airshow scene.

A gentleman I know is just happy if he can cover the insurance costs per year for his aircraft - how much insurance and libility is a PRIVATE Vulcan going to cost? Would anyone Insure it?

Personally I wouldn't even like to pick up the fuel bill for it, anybody guess at what the fuel burn would be to go say Bruntingthorpe to Waddington, do 2 displays and return with safety margins? Whats the latest price on Jet fuel?

I to would love to see a Vulcan fly but not at any cost.