PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Snoozing pilot misses landing - The Australian
Old 27th Nov 2018, 01:40
transition_alt

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
I really have to laugh at how off the mark some of you blokes are, especially ol’ mate LKinnon.

Insight into an operation is a beautiful thing. Comments such as above is how general aviation operators can be destroyed off false facts in this amazingly regulated country we’re in.

For the record, Vortex Air aircraft have updated avionics. So both of you speaking have not had anything to do with the company for many years.

All their Chieftain’s have either a G430, 530 or GTN650 TSO146 gps fitted. All have HSI’s with dual instrumentation and others have Aspen PFD’s or Sandel electronic AH/ASI/ALT.

I have no idea how any of that is related to falling asleep and fatigue. But maybe the increased maintenance they have was not a blessing. If the autopilot didn’t work, he’d likely be more alert and potentially not fall asleep. I think it’s the 16 hour TOD approval that needs to be reviewed. But hey, who am I to speculate?

Last edited by transition_alt; 27th Nov 2018 at 04:28.