PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2018, 03:39
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete,

A great set of figures indeed and a welcome move to positivity!

It is amazing to think it is already one year since the collapse of ZB, it only seems like minutes to me!

With increases for S19 from Jet2, TCX and TUI, lets hope it is a much brighter year for BHX than 2018. The cloud on the horizon of course is what will happen to BE, whatever does happen will see big changes for BHX, lets hope these are for the positive although I worry that both parties rumoured to be interested (IAG & Virgin) are looking at BE as an opportunity to feed traffic into LHR (and for Virgin MAN), I am not sure how BHX, SOU, EXT etc would fit into either parties current route networks, unless we see a return of something like BA Regional or Virgin Little Red (neither of which in previous incarnations were very successful).

Of course we also have a host of lost routes and carriers, now that BHX is perhaps in a more 'sustainable' place and assuming we now see some continued growth in pax, perhaps some of these routes will re-appear, one can only but hope as always with BHX....