PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Low Cost Carrier
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 18:13
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Seatback - What you say makes a lot of sense, but from everything Dixon and the company has put out the LCC will be a totally new operation and he stressed yesterday that they will be under a new EBA and the operation will be cheap and lean. Therefore even though you guys are cheaper than DJ I think QF wants to be even cheaper.

QFSkywalker - I know what you are saying I was there once. I think the only option apart from LH is Australian they are growing rapidly and will announce more routes next year and they have a real future and they earn good money unlike im afriad the new LCC. But you guys at regional should express your idea to FAAA so at least they can put it to QF as an option.

If QF did retire its 737-300 fleet that would make a lot of SH f/a's unemployed.

QF have been saying for well over a year now that labour costs have to come down and they need to compete on a level footing with DJ and this is how they are going to get around the unions and reduce labour costs. I have a bad feeling that the market is just not there to sustain all operations SH, the LCC and the 717 operation and you can bet that if there is an oversupply the first to go will not be the LCC.