PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 21st Nov 2018, 00:54
Babbalito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morningcoffee
Anyone who was 1500 in seniority back in say 2007 has moved up the list same speed now as then. Even an idiot can see a lot of the experienced guys aren't leaving. Though they constantly stand around at dispatch bitching about how they're just about to go, and never do. B scale captain turnover has been tiny. Every contract job out there I've seen has been worse than staying put and commuting on COS18.
And the answer to my question MC?
Perhaps we can infer from your comment that there is a significant, and increasingly unmanageable, turnover of pilots who joined after 2007. Few will have attained the rank of captain so the losses will be coming from the pool of future commanders. With the demographics of the pilot community as they are, I suspect there is trouble brewing. The situation at KA is slightly different in that the sh!t sandwich local terms was served up in 2012. I would bet that the turnover there is much higher in that group and that some captains have also departed. CoS 18 will accelerate the process. The apparent turnover at HKE should serve as a warning but when did CX/KA ever heed a warning or think it could learn from others?