PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 17th Oct 2003, 16:46
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private owners

As a private owner at OW - Miles Magister V1075 and Miles Falcon G-AEEG - I am pleased to make my contribution - from displaying my aircraft to remonstrating with the freeloaders(!)

No - I dont get paid anything and yes, I pay hangarage and maintenance (superb quality at excellent rates - plug plug) just like anybody else. Perfectly happy with that.

I believe that as temporary custodians of our nations aviation heritage we should operate our aircraft for the benefit of others as well as ourselves. It is great fun too (especially the balloon 'missing'!)

If you have anything really interesting that might 'fit' the OW scene then there may be room for one or two more aircraft (am I right Ab??)

OW is a magic place and a priviledge indeed to fly there (although a little daunting at times for a hobby pilot rubbing shoulders with the pro's).

If you have something interesting and dont want / dont feel competent enough to display it yourself (pretty much my position in 01) there will be an instant queue of professionals to do it for you.

I can tell you that sitting in a deckchair with a beer (or cider!) in your hand watching your bird being displayed is a great feeling indeed.

My aircraft flew very little in the ten years before my ownership and rarely displayed. Not the case in the last 2 years!

And now - a question for you -

Whilst I would not consider selling the Magister - a great duo with the collections Maggie(?) - what are your views out there on the Falcon?

Would it be missed that much if I sold it? It is a consideration at the moment...

HP