PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 20th Nov 2018, 13:22
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsound
Unless I've missed something (quite possible), that seems to negate any ideas that flights are going to be grounded on 30 March.
Well, i do agree to a point. There is certainly some focus on aviation and keeping things flying for a bit longer, however, that is, at this point in time, basically an opinion of the Commission, but not yet law, and therefore would need some legal action to become that. As it would basically grant certain rights to a third country without any international negotiated agreement.

I think i said before, in the event that no conclusion on the withdrawal agreement negotiations can be reached, there will be several months before the actual date of withdrawal and that allows some time for a last second fudge on certain issues, this seems to be the first indication that the commission is of the same opinion. Which is not a bad sign, but every responsible business of course has to take into account that it might not materialise, and as far as i know, both Airbus and Easyjet, two of the most affected businesses in that sector, continue with their preparations in that kind of fashion.