PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Engineers
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2018, 13:18
Hawkeye63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rigga, I am with you on this one to a point but still feels like one hell of a gamble with our futures. I have suggested concerns I have with the points you have made. I welcome further thoughts on this;

1. EASA AML Cancellations: As you all say, there's too many of us GB mob all about the EU to do without, suddenly.
A.UK airlines/MRO's that only work on UK reg aircraft will not bother but organisations that maintain EU registered aircraft have plans in place to convert their engineers licences in the event of a no-deal. Some airlines have also been actively re-registering their aircraft from UK to other EU states.
2. Forms 1 becoming invalid: far too expensive for all airlines to suffer re-cert costs...
I suggest this could be resolved by a CAA/EU bilateral agreement similar to the FAA. I'm sure this could be done without any bearing on AMEL licences if necessary.
3. Closure of airports to UK traffic: All North Atlantic routes for the EU are controlled by UK ATC..!
I don't know enough about this subject but I would be rubbing my hands together if I was in their boots! What an opportunity to take business from the UK.
4. Most part 21 design orgs are in the UK for interiors, repairs, mods etc....
Can't comment because I don't know enough about this subject.
5. too many EASA employees are UK based persons...
In the event of a no-deal, operators having fleets registered in UK won't care because they can continue to use EASA licenced engineers for at least another two years with full agreement of the CAA. Worryingly, this could play into their hands by making it easier to do away with licences all together by only having company approvals, something that we have been fighting against for years.