PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2018, 12:35
alby2000

Greetings B744chauffeur

I did already comment on your previous post and I totally hear what you are saying.

I know it’s not going to make things better for you but what you are experiencing now has been like this for years. To be fair and to Air Atlanta defense, when you sign up with them (meaning airborne or confair) you know where you stand as the contract is very clear.

For some people the flexibility they offer is very valuable, for others is a nightmare. I personally took it as a opportunity to gain very valuable experience on a heavy airplane with the chance to fly worldwide passenger and cargo operations in a very diverse environment. At that stage of my career, it was a win/win situation and they helped me to get where I am now.

Of course when I had the chance, I moved but only because of the uncertainty of the contract as I needed a more stable income, but I left with no hard feelings as I knew my place in the food chain.

In any case, there are few options now on the 747. As 747-8driver mentioned earlier, Cargolux is looking for FOs and it’s no secret that also Silkway and Cargologic have also positions available. My company has still 7 openings for First Officers and now 3 for DEC so if interested, send me a PM and I will definitely try to help you to get an interview.

All the best!

Alby