PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 13th Nov 2018, 20:18
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Threethirty
I quit too and I echo your sentiments exactly. I did 10 years in the joint. Life would have been a hell of a lot easier if the company had stayed the same as the one I joined but alas, I could see the place rapidly spiralling down the plug hole.
As soon as C scales came along it was game over for me despite personally being on the better B scale contract. This indicated the road that lay ahead.
Its a huge shame as I miss Asia a lot and I miss the mates I met in Cathay/Hong Kong. The great travesty however is that Cathay really could have been the best flying job going.
Yes 330, it could be the best gig in the world. No other airline in the world has a home market, both passenger and cargo, that is as lucrative as CX in Hong Kong. The airline had a huge “first mover advantage” (economics term), but they have managed to p!ss most of that away via poor management and being completely devoid of leadership. Their insane arrogance and greed has cost them many times over. Ultimately, the Swires are responsible, but they will never be held to account. That said, I don’t imagine the mainlanders at Air China are all that thrilled. Maybe they’ll take their revenge another way, not that it will help us any.