PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 13th Nov 2018, 17:28
quadspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm one of those who quit. After almost a decade in this madhouse.

It's a damn hard choice. Throwing away all those years invested in what should have been a lifetime career choice.

It's not a single issue that tipped the scales. It's a creeping slide in the wrong direction, and you're always hoping things will start getting better. Always. And with every year invested you've got more to lose.

I finally came to the hard conclusion that things will never improve. They'll keep getting worse, because this outfit simply does not want me at current costs. And since they can't fire me simply for that, they'll make every effort to get me to leave voluntarily. Success.

Once that decision was made, it was easy. But many years too late.

For many with long careers prior to joining here, the loss in seniority a) first from your previous operation and b) from this lot leaves you 20 years behind. For many of us, that may well result in never getting a Command again.

The decision is hard, no doubt about it. But it is the right choice; none of us regret leaving but all of us regret not doing it sooner.