PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Course
Thread: ATP Course
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 03:00
OzzieFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkerInbound
1. They thought of that already. Part of the Implementation Procedures for Licensing agreement between the FAA and Transport Canada says the license to be converted has to be an original issue from the other country and not based on a third country's license.

2. For a type rating at the ATP level there has to be a record of aircraft ground school and aircraft flight training. You can't just show up at the aircraft or sim and do the checkride. In addition for a ME ATP you have to complete the 30 hour ATP CTP course. So both.
Well, bugger, there goes that idea.

Sorry for all the questions. Wouldn’t my training and time on type in Oz constitute a lot of the aircraft flight training you mention? Might have to look at an abbreviated type rating in the States if I do in fact need one to do the ATP flight test.. I guess at least I could fold the ATP test into the type rating check I imagine.

Originally Posted by bafanguy
And yes, were you to go to a US carrier (you'd actually want to work for) operating A320s, you'd be run through school as if you couldn't even spell A320 !
Figured as much!

Cheers.