PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ - Joint List
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 04:43
Kittykat2704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
Some Comms came out today. GOP list, while not Dead, is certainly on Hold in favor of the *70:30 recruitment model. Cadetship is now focusing on T-Prop F/O point of entry opposed to SO.

Recruitment looks to be ~100 Pilots in 2019.

*70:30 recruitment means 70% internal, 30% external. The Company intends 180 Link Pilots to be added to the list in FY19 (i.e until end of June). 18 are already there so 162 left. Of that 162, they've indicated 32 can be "Released" from the links, meaning 130 will be given reserved seniority numbers. This will bring the ratio of Link Pilots Vs Externals (already hired) more into line with the 70:30.
Interesting. That's a lot of pilots on the list internally, which I guess is a good moral booster at the links.

I see they've opened up shop for externals again today on the careers website. I've heard of a fairly large number of guys awaiting start dates, including guys who have left the links who have become anxious about a 24 month stand down being proposed. With the 70/30 ratio and 100 pilots required this year surely there is already going to be a surplus of guys currently awaiting starts and there will be no need for further externals if they're to honour what they say?