PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 00:47
Tuner 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Colonial
Why would I or anyone else want to do AIPA’s job? Or if you like why then have AIPA? AIPA have thousands of dollars in members monies a significant Staff Base and Resources. Yet nothing is being produced for the Pilots on the B-747. That’s really pitiful management given the stress on Pilots and Families that a RIN induces. No need to criticise AIPA as that Poor-Performance just speaks for itself!

Not what I was told!! PM drove the policy hard and it was a concession acquiesced to appease the senior pilots in an endeavour to push the EA for the B-787 towards the whole membership. I was informed that JB, AS and NS were not supportive, however, the CoM of the day came to support that policy (thank goodness!). It seems to me that that AIPA history is rapidly re-written by some who seek to protect their position, control the discussion and further themselves with the Membership and Management.
This is laughable. Why would they have been unsupportive of RIN pilots going to year 4 rates? I’m told it was their idea (not PM’s), which makes sense since it made the deal more palatable to 747 pilots who voted on the deal.