PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 23:05
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Colonial
Why would I or anyone else want to do AIPA’s job? Or if you like why then have AIPA? AIPA have thousands of dollars in members monies a significant Staff Base and Resources. Yet nothing is being produced for the Pilots on the B-747. That’s really pitiful management given the stress on Pilots and Families that a RIN induces. No need to criticise AIPA as that Poor-Performance just speaks for itself!

Not what I was told!! PM drove the policy hard and it was a concession acquiesced to appease the senior pilots in an endeavour to push the EA for the B-787 towards the whole membership. I was informed that JB, AS and NS were not supportive, however, the CoM of the day came to support that policy (thank goodness!). It seems to me that that AIPA history is rapidly re-written by some who seek to protect their position, control the discussion and further themselves with the Membership and Management.
I don't know who told you this, it certainly was not anyone on the negotiating team. Regardless, it is simply not true. There was no 'concession acquiesced to appease the senior pilots'. Saying that those on the negotiating team were not supportive is pure fantasy. They pursued the issue. Thinking PM drove anything is just wishful thinking. He was so confused by the process that he supported the EBA in the committee room, yet then argued against it during the vote.